Snapchat is the best and most famous social media application that is available on the Google Play Store. This platform lets its clients share videos, audio, images, and text messages with their family, friends, and followers. On the other hand, if you are using an old Android device then you may have faced complications in downloading and installing Snapchat from the Google Play Store.
In fact, the Google Play Store executes definite system necessities for apps like Snapchat. This means that the older version of Android devices could not be responsive. If you have a low-end or older version of an Android device and facing difficulties while downloading and installing this particular app then read this whole blog post. There is still a technique for you to download and install Snapchat and enjoy its features on your old version device or low-end device.
If you are excited to link to the Snapchat community or wish to relink with your friends who are active on this social media portal, then stay with us. In this blog post, we will guide you through the procedure of downloading and installing this app on your older versions of Android devices.
Check the Compatibility of Your Old Android Device:
Snapchat is planned to support an extensive variety of Android devices. But still, there are some restrictions for old models. Before going on to download Snapchat on an older version Android device, it is essential to check the compatibility of your device. Either it fulfils the least possible system requirements or not. To check the compatibility of your phone you should follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap to open the app settings on your Android smartphone.
- Scroll down to find the about device or about phone options.
- Now tap to get access to the device details.
- From the software details section, you will find the version of your device.
- Note the exact version of your device from the software information section.
- After determining the version of your device you have to compare it with the least obligatory version for Snapchat.
- It requires at least Android 4.4 (KitKat) or above to run this app.
If your device meets the minimum requirements it will run the Snapchat. Further, compatibility is not the only factor. There are various other features such as the Speed of the Processor, device RAM, and storage space can also be considered. If your phone offers limited functions, then this app may run slower or run through infrequent hitches. Besides, you may also check the post on “how to download Chinese TikTok on your Android and iOS device”.
In addition, the Snapchat owners constantly update it. The updated version of this app might not all the time be friendly with old version Android devices. If your device falls less than the classification of low-end or Old then the latest version of the Snapchat app may not work on it. In such situations, you have to use the old version APK file of Snapchat, which will be available on any website.
Enable “Unknown Sources” from the Settings of Your Device:
The APK file of Snapchat cannot be directly downloaded from the Google Play Store. That’s why you have to enable the “Unknown Sources” options from the settings section of your device. Enabling downloads and installations from unknown sources means you can install apps from third-party sources or sources other than the Google Play Store. The below-mentioned guidelines will help you how to enable the Unknown Sources option.
- Tap to open the settings app on your device and find the Security or Privacy option.
- Now tap to get access to the security or privacy settings and find the Unknown Sources option.
- Switch to enable the Unknown Sources option.
- A cautionary popup message will appear on your device screen to notify you about the perils of installing apps from Unknown Sources.
- Read the message and realize the given cautionary instructions.
- Now tap on the OK button to endorse.
Enabling the Unknown Sources option could be a little contrast depending upon your device model and version. However, once allowed Unknown Sources you can easily progress to download the APK file of Snapchat on your Android device. In addition, it is significant to exercise risk avoidance while downloading and installing apps from sources other than Google Play Store. Ensure to download and install APK files only from reliable websites to decrease the risk of installing malware or dangerous software on your devices.
How to Download the APK File of Snapchat on Your Old Android Device?
After allowing the Unknown Sources option on your Android device you can easily bypass the restrictions of the Google Play Store to proceed to download the APK file of Snapchat. So, follow the given steps to download the APK file of this popular social media platform.
- Tap to open a web browser on your old version of your Android phone.
- On the search bar type Download Snapchat APK and tap to search.
- Find any trusted website that offers APK files or you can download it from the official website.
- Navigate the website of your selected source and search for the app.
- Now choose the recently updated version of Snapchat which is well-matched with your Android phone model.
- Tap on the download button to start the download course.
- Wait for a moment and let to complete the download process.
- Now tap to install the downloaded APK file on your devices.
How to install the APK File of SnapChat on your Old Version Android Device?
The course of installation is somewhat different depending on the model and version of the Android phone. Anyhow, follow the below-given steps for installation of this app on your old version Android device.
- Tap to open the file manager app on your phone.
- Locate the downloaded APK file of Snapchat.
- Then tap to install the APK file of the App.
- A warning message will float on the screen that warns the installation of apps from Unknown Sources can be risky.
- Continue the installation process with care and install apps only from reliable sources.
- Wait for a moment to complete the installation process.
- When installation is complete tap to open the app and launch it.
- Follow the on-screen directives to sign up and create an account by providing the required information.
- Once you have created an account you will easily use Snapchat on your old version Android device.
Now you can enjoy all the services and functions of this social media platform such as snapping photos, making videos, and sharing your wonderful moment with your friends, family, and followers.
Common Troubleshooting Problems:
The downloading and installation procedure of this application on your old version Android phone by using an APK file is pretty simple and easy. However, Android users may face some common fears along the way. In short, here we have mentioned some steps that will help you determine all your common troubleshooting problems.
Unable to Download APK File
Having an old version of an Android device and facing any difficulty while downloading the APK file of Snapchat. In such situations, you need to clean the cache and data of your web browser. Also, make sure a stable Internet connection while downloading the APK of the app.
If you get any notification telling you that the installation is obstructed then go settings of your device and enable the Unknown Sources option. To avoid obstructed installations you have to download the APK file from the trusted websites to diminish the safety risks.
If you get any error notifications while installing the downloaded APK file. It may refer to the compatibility issues. The file you have downloaded might be incompatible with your device. Therefore download an older version APK file of Snapchat that will meet the compatibility of your phone.
Crash or Hung App
While using this app if it crashes or hangs, then go to the settings of your device and open the app manager option. Find the app and clean all caches and data.
If the app is not performing well or it is running slowly on your device, then close all other apps that are running in the background. Also, clean your phone storage to free up space or restart your Android device.
Unable to Camera or Microphone Access
If Snapchat is unable to access the camera or microphone of your device. Then go to the settings of your device and enable all the required permissions for the App.
Hope you will realize the common troubleshooting steps. Now you can resolve any problems by using these steps that may occur during the downloading and installation course of the app on your older version of Android device.
If you are still facing issues after applying the above-given troubleshooting guidelines. Probably, your phone doesn’t meet the system requirements for the app. In such situations, you need to use an upgraded Android device to completely enjoy all the services of Snapchat. It is a decent exercise to keep your smartphone updated with the most recent software updates and safety covers to ensure compatibility with apps like Snapchat.
Despite the compatibility confines executed by the Play Store, it is still promising to download and install Snapchat on your old Android device. Further, by following the given information and guidelines in this blog post you can enjoy all the services and features of Snapchat on your old version Android phone. But it depends upon the compatibility of your device. Check the compatibility and compare with the least possible system requirements. If your old Android phone encounters the standards, continue to allow the Unknown Source option from the settings of your device. So you will download and install apps like Snapchat from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Furthermore, to evade any security perils you have to download APK files from the trusted sites which offer reliable APK files for the Apps. Besides, if you face any issues like downloading, installation, or performance matters then apply the steps that are already mentioned in the troubleshooting section for conceivable results.
In addition, hardware restrictions may slow the performance of the apps like Snapchat. If you encounter such issues you may close the other running apps in the background to enhance the performance of the app. Hope these steps will help you to resolve most issues and ensure a smooth experience with Snapchat on your old Android device.
Stay connected with your friends and colleagues and share your special moments with them. And don’t forget to stay informed with the most recent versions of Snapchat to access the numerous latest features that make it an attractive Social media app. Finally, you can start snapping and sharing your videos, photos, and other special moments with your friends and loved ones.